Last updated April 2017
LUMO INTERACTIVE INC.
NOTE THAT OUR POLICY FOLLOWS THESE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, joining a newsletter, or connecting via a social media platform, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, physical location, or other details to help you with your experience. This information is never shared with third party companies except for the purposes of improving your experience when interacting with or contacting Lumo. You will never be asked by Lumo to provide your account password.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, or enter information on one of our web sites or social media platforms.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, engage on social media, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better serve you when responding to your customer service requests.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
• We use regular Malware Scanning on our downloadable content.
• We use SSL on LumoPlay.com so that your account data remains secure.
• We use Mailchimp to store and segment newsletter account information.
Newsletter lists may be synced from time to time with social media and advertising platforms like Google Adwords and Facebook.
Information collected is stored on a secured server, and cannot be accessed directly by unauthorized parties, or anyone outside Lumo.
We cannot access your Lumo Play account password, or log in to your account.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer or Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features that make your site experience more efficient will be disabled, and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders and manage your account on LumoPlay.com with cookies disabled.
We will never sell you information, and we do not share your personally identifiable information with outside parties who are not directly related to the management and advertising of Lumo’s products, services and websites.
Parties with whom we may share some personal information include, but are not limited to, Google, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
We may release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
From time to time, we will include links to products hosted on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca on LumoPlay.com or in newsletters or other communications.
These are affiliate links, placed in accordance with Amazon's Affiliate Program.
We may also include links to interesting projects or services in newsletters, blog posts, social media posts, or elsewhere on the web. We do our best to indicate if a link we post if a third party link, and do not take responsibility for any harm that may rise from clicking any third party links.
Our use of information is consistent with Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We do not use Google AdSense Advertising on our websites, social accounts, or email communications.
We have implemented the following:
Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out of Google Ad Tracking
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our website anonymously.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control.
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 18.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We operate our email newsletters in accordance with the CAM SPAM Act.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, or remove yourself from any database we manage (excluding amalgamated targeting lists on Google Adwords or Facebook, which is controlled through your account), you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
354 Marion St
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2H 0V3
204 666 7666
Lumo Interactive is committed to respecting the privacy concerns of visitors to its website (“the Website”).
• your voluntarily provided personal information;
• anonymous non-personal information; and
• “cookie” based information.
• Lumo does not automatically collect personally identifying information, such as name, address, phone number, email address and other personally identifiable information, from its visitors (“Personal Information”).
• Lumo will collect Personal Information that is voluntarily provided by its visitors in subscribing to newsletters and other activities carried out on the Website.
• Lumo will only collect and use such Personal Information solely for purposes disclosed by Lumo at the time of collection.
• Lumo sometimes uses email addresses that have been voluntarily provided by its visitors to respond to visitors who communicate with us. All emails from Lumo to its visitors include instructions on how to discontinue receipt of emails, newsletters and other communication from Lumo and visitors can discontinue such communication at any time. Email addresses from visitors who wish to discontinue receipt of Lumo’s emails will be removed from Lumo’s distribution list and data bases.
• All Personal Information that may identify a visitor and has been collected with the visitor’s consent by Lumo is not disclosed in any identifiable form to any other party outside the company except for the fulfillment of the specific purpose identified to the visitor at the time of collection. However Lumo may disclose such information in anonymous, aggregated and non-personally identifiable form to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes and to better understand visitor’s use of the Website.
• At any time, a visitor may send an email to Lumo to request that Personal Information be changed, removed or updated in Lumo’s databases.
• When visitors visit the Website, anonymous, non-personal information about their visit is automatically collected. Such information may include the length and date of the visit, how the visitor navigated the Website, what pages the visitor viewed, the type of browser being used by the visitor, the type of operating system used by the visitor and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. Lumo uses this Anonymous Non-Personal Information to track the success of its Website with its visitors and to better tailor the Website to visitors’ needs and interests. This Anonymous Non-Personal Information may be shared with other parties, such as broadcasters, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
• Protection of Visitors’ Personal Information: Lumo protects the Personal Information it collects with appropriate technological, physical and administrative safeguards to protect it from unauthorized disclosure or use.
• Access to Personal Information collected by Lumo is limited to authorized individuals and stored on its databases, which are protected by firewalls and are password-secured. Lumo retains the Personal Information only for as long as is required for the purposes identified at the time of its collection and consented to by the visitor providing it or as otherwise required by law. Once Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes consented to by the visitor, it is Lumo’s practice to delete it from its data bases or systems or make it anonymous.