join our team!
We're currently seeking a Game Developer and an Office Admin Please see below for job requirements and instructions to apply.
Lumo Interactive is looking for a Game Developer to join our team to make innovative games and entertainment software using projectors, cameras and a little bit of magic. If you’re passionate about creating new experiences that wow people and/or cause them to dance spontaneously, come talk to us!
- Work with a team to design, manage, implement, debug, and document game systems
- Write high quality, high performance code
- Collaborate to design quality experiences
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks on projects
- Contribute to project planning and prioritization
- Experience with and knowledge of HTML5, canvas and WebGL, including optimization and debugging skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator
- Usage and appreciation of software design patterns, especially for game development
- Working knowledge of 3D Math
- Working knowledge of Source Control programs and methodologies (Git, Plastic SCM)
- Experience with and knowledge of the Unity 3D Engine
- Kinect, OpenCV, or other computer vision experience
- At least one released game project
- Experience with C# and C++
Apply for the developer position
Lumo Interactive is looking for an Office Admin to support our operations by maintaining accounting and financial systems. Our office is a super fun environment, with a lot of room for growth. This position is ideal for a recent post-grad interested in finance and business management.
The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, loves organization, and be a whiz with spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Ensure the maintenance of day-to-day accounting functions (AP and AR: journal entries to GL accounts, adjustments, reconciliations, etc)
- Produce period/year-end financial statements
- Monitor receivables and follow up promptly with overdue accounts
- Process payroll, T4s, and ROEs
- Manage physical office premises
- Perform clerical and reception duties
- Monitor office supplies and equipment requests
- Prepare travel and accommodation for staff
- Prepare purchase orders and invoices
- Plan office events and attend industry meetings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential. Really, really essential. Show us your words, buddy.
- 3-5 years in bookkeeping and/or office management roles is an asset.
- Experience utilizing accounting software such as AccPac or Quickbooks.
- Intermediate aptitude in the Microsoft Office Suite is required, but you should be a spreadsheet wizard.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills. The more OCD, the better.
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated and a team player. We can't stress this enough. If you're looking for a normal boring day job, this isn't it. If you want to be part of a company that delivers groundbreaking experiential software to thousands of customers all over the world, this is the team for you. Your parents might never understand what the heck we do, but your friends will be super impressed.